TERMS & CONDITIONS
Article 1 (Application of These Terms and Conditions)
The accommodation contracts and related contracts to be executed by MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS and all accommodation brands associated within MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS (collectively, “MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS”, “accommodation”, “the hotel”, “we”, “our” or “us”) shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions, and any matters not stipulated herein shall be governed by laws and ordinances and/or generally accepted practices. Notwithstanding the above, the Hotel may enter into any special contracts with any guests within the scope not violating these Terms and Conditions, laws and ordinances, and generally accepted practices.
Article 2 (Refusal of Providing Accommodation)
The Hotel may refuse to provide accommodation as follows:
- The application for accommodation does not conform to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Hotel is fully booked and there is no vacancy.
- A person seeking accommodation is deemed likely to act against the laws and ordinances, public orders, or good morals in respect to his/her accommodation.
- A person seeking accommodation can be clearly identified as carrying an infectious disease.
- When it is recognized that the guest falls under any of the following (a) through ©:
- When the guest is a member of a crime syndicate, a member of a crime syndicate, a quasi-constituent of a crime syndicate, or a person related to a crime syndicate, or any other antisocial force
- When the guest is a juridical person or other organization whose business activities are controlled by a Japanese organized crime unit or Japanese organized crime-involved person.
- A juridical person whose officers fall under the category of Japanese organized crime members.
- When a violent act of demand is committed or a demand exceeding a reasonable limit is demanded in connection with the accommodation.
- The Hotel is unable to provide accommodation because of a natural disaster, malfunction of its facilities, or other unavoidable causes.
- A person seeking accommodation is intoxicated and deemed likely to cause annoyance to other guests, or behaves in such a manner as to be an annoyance to other guests.
- A person seeking accommodation brings dangerous materials (including products causing fire or petroleum) or materials harmful to humans to the Hotel.
- The provisions of Article 7 of the Kyoto Prefecture Ryokan Law Enforcement Ordinance, Article 5 of the Gifu City Ryokan Law Enforcement Ordinance, or Article 11 of the Ishikawa Prefecture Ryokan Law Enforcement Ordinance.
- Article 11 hereof has been applied in the past to a person seeking accommodation.
Article 3 (Identification of Name and Other Information)
- A person applying for the accommodation contract with the Hotel will be required to provide the Hotel with the following information:
- Address, name, telephone number, sex, nationality, and occupation of all guests
- Date(s) scheduled for stay and estimated time of arrival, company name, telephone number, and the name of the applicant
- Accommodation charges
- Other information deemed necessary by the Hotel
- If a guest requests, during his/her stay, to extend his/her stay beyond the dates in Item (2) of the preceding paragraph, such request shall be regarded as an application for a new accommodation contract only when the Hotel has no other reservation during such extended days.
Article 4 (Conclusion of Accommodation Contract)
- A contract for accommodation shall be concluded when the Hotel accepts the application stipulated in Article 3, and confirms the payment of a deposit (equals to the accommodation charges) by the date (within 7 days including bank holidays) designated by the Hotel.
(Any fee that results in the giving or receiving of any payment will be the guests’ responsibility). Provided, however, the above shall not apply where it is proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
- The deposit shall first be applied to the final accommodation charges to be paid by the guest, and when any circumstances requiring application of the provisions of Article 6 arises, it shall be applied to the cancellation charges and then to any compensation monies. Any balance left, if any, shall be refunded at the time notified by the Hotel individually. If the deposit is not paid by the date designated by the Hotel as stipulated in the preceding paragraph, the application for accommodation shall become invalid.
Article 5 (Special Contracts Requiring No Deposit)
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding article, the Hotel may accept a special contract requiring no deposit stipulated in the said article after conclusion of the accommodation contract.
- In a case that the Hotel fails to request payment of the deposit in the preceding article or fails to specify the due date of payment for the deposit at the time it accepts the application for an accommodation contract, the special contract in the preceding paragraph shall be deemed to have been accepted.
Article 6 (Cancellation of Contract)
In the event that the accommodation contract stipulated in Article 4 has been established and the guest cancels all or part of said accommodation contract, a penalty fee shall be paid. The penalty fee varies from accommodation to accommodation, so please check the "Cancellation of Contract" section of each accommodation’s Terms & Conditions page.
Article 7 (Right to Cancel Contract)
The Hotel may cancel any accommodation contract, unless otherwise stipulated, under any of the following circumstances:
- If any one of the provisions of Items 2 to 10 of Article 2 is applied
- If the guest fails to provide the information in Paragraph 1 of Article 3
- If the guest fails to pay the deposit requested under Article 4 by the date designated
- If the Hotel cancels the reservation for accommodation in accordance with the provisions of the above (1) to (3), it shall refund any deposit received for such reservation.
- If the guest does not observe the rules prohibiting certain actions in the Rules of Use such as smoking in the Hotel or has tampered with the Hotel’s fire-fighting facilities, etc.
Article 8 (Registration for Accommodation)
- Any guest shall register the following information with the Hotel on the day of overnight stay:
- Information in Item 1 of Article 3
- Passport number, the place, and date of entry to Japan, if a foreign guest
- Scheduled date and time of departure
- Other information deemed necessary by the Hotel
- Other items deemed necessary by the Hotel
- Any guest who intends to pay the charges in Article 10 by any means other than Japanese currency, such as a credit card, shall notify the same in advance at the time of registration in the preceding paragraph; if no notification is made, the guest shall pay by cash.
Article 9 (Check-in and Check-out Time)
- The time guests may enter the accommodation (check-in time) shall be from 3:00 p.m., and the time guests shall leave the accommodation (check-in time) shall be until 10:00 a.m. Check-out times may vary depending on the reserved accommodation.
- The Hotel may not be used in hours other than those specified in the above Item 1, unless otherwise approved by the Hotel.
- When a guest stays more than one night in succession, he/she may use the guest room all day except for the days of arrival and departure; provided, however, the hours between 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. are for room making and a person in charge of the room will enter the guest room.
Article 10 (Payment of Charges)
- The payment of the charges for the use at the Hotel, excluding the application fee, shall be made at the front desk at the time of departure of the guest or when requested by the facility, in cash or by a method that can be substituted for cash, such as credit card payment. In the event that the payment of charges is to be made by credit card or other alternative method to cash, it shall be made only in the case that the guest has registered in advance as stipulated in Article 8.
- The provisions of Paragraph 3 of Article 6 shall apply mutatis mutandis to the case where a guest voluntarily shortens his/her period of stay after he/she has started the use of the guest room.
Article 11 (Rules of Use)
Guests shall comply with the Rules of Use established by the Guest while he/she stays in the Hotel.
Article 12 (Liability for Accommodation)
- This facility shall not be liable for any damage caused to the guest unless there is a reason attributable to this facility. If a guest suffers damage due to the negligence of our facility, we will compensate for the damage up to the amount of the room charge. However, this shall not apply in the case of willful misconduct or gross negligence on the part of this facility.
- In the event that the Hotel is unable to provide a room to a guest, except in the case of natural disasters or other reasons that make it difficult to do so, or when it is the fault of this facility, with the consent of the guest, the Hotel will find another accommodation facility with similar rates for that guest. In such cases, no room charge will be made for the day on which the hotel is unable to continue providing rooms.
Article 13 (Handling of Deposited Items, Luggage, etc.)
The hotel will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or other loss of or damage to any items, cash, or valuables (hereinafter referred to as "items, etc.") brought into the facility by guests, unless there is a reason attributable to the hotel. The hotel is not responsible for any loss, damage, or other loss of or damage to items, cash, or valuables (hereinafter referred to as "items, etc.") brought into the facility by guests, unless there is a reason attributable to the facility.
Article 14 (Storage of baggage or personal effects)
- In the event that a guest's baggage or personal belongings (including items in a safe) are left behind in the Hotel after the guest has checked out, and the owner of the baggage or personal belongings (including items in a safe) are found, the Hotel shall contact the owner and request instructions. However, if the owner does not respond to the Hotel with instructions, or if the owner is not known, the belongings will be kept for up to 7 days including the day of discovery.
- After the storage period specified in Paragraph 1 has passed, the Hotel shall pass on the belonging to the nearest Police Station or dispose of the belonging.
Article 15 (Car Parking)
There is no parking space for guests at the Hotel.
Article 16 (Responsibilities of Guest)
If the Hotel suffers any damage due to an intentional act or negligence of a guest, such guest shall be liable to the Hotel for the said damage.
Article 17 (Jurisdiction and Governing Law)
Any and all disputes arising out of or in relation to these Terms and Conditions shall be settled by the Kyoto District Court or Summary Court having jurisdiction over the location of the Hotel, in accordance with the Japanese laws and ordinances.
Additional Notes (Calculation method of accommodation charges)
- The accommodation charges to be paid by a guest are room charge + charges for breakfast food and beverages.
- Additional charges to be paid by a guest (charges for breakfast food and beverages not included in the preceding paragraph) are not included in the accommodation charge.
- The Hotel does not offer a special rate for children.
- Do not use products that may cause a fire within the Hotel.
- No smoking is allowed within the Hotel.
- The Hotel is a wooden construction within a residential district; therefore, do not cause annoyance to the neighbors by singing loudly or making noises or behave in a way causing a feeling of disgust.
- Do not bring the following items into the Hotel.
- Animals or birds
- Articles with extremely offensive odors
- Unusually large quantity of goods or items
- Explosive or flammable items such as gunpowder or gasoline
- Unregistered firearms or swords
- Illegal drugs such as cannabis, narcotic drugs, or stimulant drugs
- Do not gamble or act in ways injurious to public morals within the Hotel.
- Do not allow unauthorized visitors in the Hotel.
- Do not let others remove or take equipment or fixtures within the Hotel from where they are or use them for purposes other than intended.
- Do not attach any extraneous materials on equipment or fixtures within the Hotel or remove them from where they are.
- No intoxicated person is allowed to use the bath.