TERMS & CONDITIONS
Article 1 (Application)
Article 2 (Registration for Use)
- The registration shall be completed when a prospective user applies for the registration in a manner specified by Organizer and the Organizer approves the application.
The Organizer may not approve an application for registration if it determines that the applicant has any of the following reasons, and shall not be obligated to disclose the reasons for such decision.
- If false information is reported when applying for user registration
If it is found that the applicant falls under the category of organized crime groups (organized crime members, persons who have been a part of organized crime in the last five years, quasi-constituents of organized crime groups, companies affiliated with organized crime groups, general assemblymen, political activists, religious activists, social activists, or special intelligence groups, or other similar persons; or has or may have a relationship with antisocial forces that falls under any of the following categories:
- Cases in which it is recognized that an individual has used antisocial forces for the purpose of pursuing his/her own or a third party's illicit gain or for the purpose of inflicting damage on a third party.
- If it is recognized that the applicant is involved in providing funds, etc. or benefits to antisocial forces.
- In any other cases in which the Organizer deems the registration of use to be inappropriate.
Article 3 (Management of User ID and Password)
- Users shall manage their user IDs and passwords for the Service at their own risk.
- Users may not, under any circumstances, transfer or lend their user IDs and passwords to any third party. When a user logs in with a combination of a User ID and Password that matches the registered information, the organizer will consider the use of the service to be by the user who has registered the user ID.
Article 4 (Prohibited Matters)
In using the Service, the User shall not engage in any of the following acts:
- Acts that violate laws and regulations or public order and morals
- Actions related to criminal activity
- Any action that destroys or interferes with the functionality of the Organizer's servers or network
- Any action that may interfere with the operation of the organizer's services
- Collecting or accumulating personal information about other users
- Impersonating another user
- Providing benefits directly or indirectly to organized crime groups in relation to the organizer's services
- Any other activities that the organizer deems inappropriate.
Article 5 (Suspension of Provision of the Service, etc.)
The organizer reserves the right to suspend or discontinue all or part of the Service without prior notice to the user for any of the following reason
- When performing maintenance inspections or updating of computer systems related to this service
- In the event that this Service becomes difficult to provide due to force majeure such as earthquake, lightning, fire, power outage, or natural disasters.
- In the event of computer or communication line outage due to accident
- In any other cases in which the organizer deems it difficult to provide this service.
- Organizer shall not be liable for any losses or damages incurred by the user or any third party due to the suspension or interruption of the Service, regardless of the reason.
Article 6 (Restriction of Use and Cancellation of Registration)
Organizer may, without prior notice, restrict a user's use of the Service, in whole or in part, or terminate the user's registration as a user, in the following cases
- Violation of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions
- If determined that there is a false fact in the registration information
- In any other cases in which organizer deems the use of this service inappropriate.
- In no event shall the organizer be liable for any damages incurred by the user as a result of any action taken by the organizer pursuant to this Article.
Article 7 (Disclaimer)
- The Organizer's liability for default shall be exempted if the default was not caused by Organizer's willful misconduct or gross negligence.
- In the event that the organizer is liable for any reason, the organizer shall be liable for damages only to the extent that such damages could ordinarily arise, and only to the extent that such damages are limited to 500,000 yen.
- If the user is a consumer under the Consumer Contract Act, the provisions of paragraph 1 and the preceding paragraph shall not apply if the organizer is willful or grossly negligent.
- The Organizer shall not be responsible for any transactions, communications, or disputes between a user and other users or third parties in connection with the Service.
Article 8 (Change of Service Contents, etc.)
The Organizer may change the contents of the Service or discontinue providing the Service without notice to the User, and shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User as a result of such changes or discontinuation.
Article 10 (Notice or Communication)
Notices or communications between a user and organizer shall be made in a manner determined by the organizer.
Article 11 (Prohibition of Assignment of Rights and Obligations)
User may not assign its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any third party or offer it as collateral without the prior written consent of organizer.
Article 12 (Governing Law and Jurisdiction)
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Service, the court having jurisdiction over the location of the organizer's head office shall be the court of exclusive jurisdiction.
Enacted October 4, 2021
TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Terms and Conditions for the Machiya Points Reward Program (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms and Conditions") sets forth the terms and conditions for the use of points granted for accommodation with MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS operated by AJ INTERBRIDGE INC. (hereinafter referred to as "the Company").
- Article 1 (The Machiya Points System)
The Machiya Points System (hereinafter referred to as the "System") is a system under which MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS provides Machiya Points (hereinafter referred to as "Points") and other benefits to those eligible for the System (hereinafter referred to as "Members") in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. This system is implemented and operated in accordance with the Terms and Conditions and other terms and conditions separately stipulated by the organizer (hereinafter referred to as "Individual Terms and Conditions"; the Terms and Conditions and Individual Terms and Conditions together are hereinafter referred to as "System Terms and Conditions"). In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Individual Terms and Conditions, the Individual Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
- Article 2 (Membership)
A member is defined as a person who has registered as a member on the MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS official reservation website. Members shall abide by the terms and conditions of this service.
- Article 3 ( Granting and Collection of Points)
- 《Benefits of Collecting Machiya Points》
The Organizer may grant Machiya Points to members who meet conditions separately specified by the Organizer. In such cases, the terms and conditions of the points awarded will be stated on the website of the service operated by the Organizer, a company collaborating with the Organizer, or a point exchange partner, as well as in the terms and conditions of this system.
- 《Point Awarding Method and Point Expiration》
Points will be issued and granted to each Machiya Points member separately by MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS based on the "Membership Terms and Conditions". There is no upper limit to the number of points a member can hold.
Points for which the Member is eligible to receive will be awarded and transferred on or after the second day following the check-out date from a MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS accommodation.
Points will be awarded for the total reservation amount (excluding "consumption tax" and "bath tax") for accommodation plans at MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS. Points may or may not be awarded depending on the accommodation plan. Please check the detailed information of each accommodation plan for details. Reservations made as a "guest (non-member)" or via telephone or e-mail are not eligible.
《Cancellation of Point Allocation》
In the event that a member falls under any of the following categories, the Company may cancel the point allocation to the member in question, and may forfeit all or part of the points held by the member in question.
If a cancellation fee is incurred due to cancellation of a reservation, points will not be awarded for the cancellation fee.
- If a member loses his/her membership for any reason.
- When a member violates the Membership Agreement or any of its associated terms and conditions.
- When it is suspected that the member has received points by fraudulent means.
In addition, if there is a change in the reservation amount, points will be changed according to the changed amount.
Points will be awarded only when the facility has been used. If we are unable to confirm that you have checked into a MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS accommodation, we may request that the points be deducted from your account.
- 《Validity Period of Points》
The period of time from the date points become available for use until the date the points expire (hereinafter referred to as "validity period") shall be one year from the date that the points are granted.
Example: Points valid from 2020/02/29 until "1 year later" expiration date: 2021/2/28
If "1 year later" is a date that does not exist, the expiration date will be the last day of the month in question. Points that have surpassed the validity period will automatically expire.
- 《Point Inquiry》
Members may inquire about the number of points they have on the organizer's website.
- 《Transfer of points》
Points are not exchangeable for cash under any circumstances.
- Article 4 (Use of Points)
- 《Points Unit》
Points may be used in accordance with the unit of use determined by the Company.
Points are equivalent to 1 yen per point and can be used to cover the total amount or a portion of the accommodation fee (including tax). In this case, the detailed conditions shall be in accordance with the conditions set at the time of point use, on the organizer's designated website, or in any other manner determined by the organizer. Members may not withdraw their request to use points.
If a transaction using points is canceled due to reasons not attributable to the member, the organizer will take action such as returning the points to the member in a manner determined separately by the organizer. Points will not be returned in the event of a cancellation for reasons attributable to the member's convenience.
- 《Suspension of points》
If a member is found to be in arrears in the payment of fees to the organizer, the company may, at its own discretion, suspend the use of points by the member.
- Article 5 (MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS Newsletter)
The organizer will send out email newsletters (hereinafter referred to as "e-newsletters") to members who have registered to receive such newsletters (hereinafter referred to as "e-mail newsletter members").
The terms and conditions for the distribution of the mail magazine are as follows.
- The newsletter will be sent to MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS members who have requested to receive the mail magazine.
- If a MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS member wishes to unsubscribe from the MACHIYA INNS & HOTELS newsletter, the member shall follow the procedures for unsubscribing as specified by the organizer.
- Newsletter members shall use the information contained in the newsletter at their own risk and shall be responsible for the results of their use.
- Newsletter members are responsible for communication charges related to receiving the mail magazine.
- Article 6 (Admission fee and annual membership fee)
There is no admission fee or annual membership fee for this system.
- Article 7 (Handling of Member Information)
- Article 8 (Forfeit of Membership)
If a member falls under any of the following, the membership will be forfeited. If a member loses their membership, all points held by the member at that time shall be forfeited.
- False information is declared at the time of membership.
- Article 9 (Modification and Termination of this System, etc.)
When deemed necessary, the organizer may change the contents of this system or the terms and conditions of this system by posting such changes on the website designated by the organizer. In such cases, the organizer shall apply the changed terms and conditions. The System may be suspended or terminated in whole or in part by giving prior notice or by making such suspension or termination known to the public. However, without prior notice or announcement, the organizer may suspend or discontinue provision of this system due to maintenance work, system restoration, force majeure such as power outages or natural disasters, or other unavoidable reasons.
- Article 10 (Matters stipulated by laws and regulations)
Matters stipulated by laws and regulations regarding the provision or use of this system shall be governed by such laws and regulations.
- Article 11 (Governing Law, etc.)
The laws governing this system shall be the laws of Japan. In the event of any dispute arising in connection with this Agreement, the court having jurisdiction over the location of the organizer's head office shall be the court of exclusive jurisdiction.
Supplementary Provisions: These Terms and Conditions shall be effective as of April 1, 2022.